Monday, October 16, 2006

My Friend is now an Angel

I have known my friend, Rick, for about 10 years now. We spent a lot of time together as family when we camped next door to each other in a campground for our club. He was a source of all kinds of knowledge about what to do when the wind whips your awning loose, how to change the gray water out, and when to clean those filters on the AC unit in the ceiling. I always felt safe when he was camped next to us, even through hurricane Gabriel, which fortunately was just a bad rainstorm.
Well, Rick got called home to be with Jesus last week. He held on as long as he could, but his body just wore out from all the mileage and the years.
Since he has gone to the other side of life, he has contacted his wife, daughter, and my husband. I have even had the feeling that he was still around, just as if he were still next door in the other camper. Whenever I get scared or my worries and troubles bear down on me, I have to remember that God has just given me one more angel as strong as a bear -- Rick. He will be there for me when I go home too, and I know I will never be alone.
God bless, you, Rick!

1 comment:

unkomin1 said...

Wonderful to browse through. Thanks