Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Are Angels Our Loved Ones?

Many feel that their deceased family and friends live on as angels. Although there is no Biblical precedent for this, the belief is strong among Christians of many denominations, and possibly among those of other religions as well. One lady writing to our web address expressed this belief that came to her long ago in her childhood when her beloved grandmother passed away.

"I was very close to my Grandmother. On the night (Christmas) that she passed a voice came to me telling me she had gone to heaven. The voice said "Always remember that I love you, and promise to care for Grandpa. I have left this Earth and I am with God now." I was so shaken I went and awoke my mom, telling her about my message. She told me that my grandma was fine, It had been a dream and to return to sleep. I could not sleep, so I laid my head on the foot of her bed and cried. 30 minutes later the phone rang. It was the hospital telling my mom that my grandma had had a bad heart attack and they were unable to revive her. My moms look of disbelief at me still burns in my mind 25 yrs
later. Whether it was an angel or my grandma speaking to me I don't know. None the less it was a message of love. My grandma was the best Christian woman I'll ever know, and it doesn't surprise me that she be afforded a message. As a matter of fact she was probably the Angel that delivered it."

Perhaps you have had such an experience yourself. I had a much subtler one when my uncle passed. He had the same name as his son, my cousin Stuart. So when my mother left a message on my answering machine that Stuart had passed away, I did not know whether it was my uncle or my cousin who had died (both were seriously ill at the same time). It was very late at night, so I had to wait until the next morning to call to find out the details. While I sat in my recliner in the den thinking over all this, I felt the presence of three beings just to my left. I did not look, as I knew nothing was really there. I got the distinct impression that it was my uncle in the middle and an angel to either side. It was as if he was saying, just by being there in the room with me, that he was alright and not to worry about anything. I just couldn't resist, so I did look to my left, and indeed, nothing was there. The next morning, my vision was confirmed as I learned that my uncle had died the evening before.

If you have such a contact, accept it for a message of love and caring. It does not matter if it is listed in the Bible or any other holy book as a gift from God. The love that we feel for our family and closest friends would be far too large to contain within the covers of any book, holy or otherwise.

2 comments:

Kathyjoyful2day said...

Hi, thanks for your story. I enjoyed your website also. Yes, I believe it was God Who gave you that message from your Grandma as she died.
You will see her again - no doubt!

Elaine_AngelCloudGifts said...

Being a Christian I have always believed in life after death through God & Jesus Christ. Here is my true Angelic vision:
Many years ago my Mom died when I was only 12 years old. Naturally this was devastating for me. Every time a new occasion arose I felt a stab of pain deep in my heart. When my father gave me a key to the house, the door was never locked before because Mom was always home to greet me when I returned home from school, the first Mother's Day, the first Thanksgiving, I had to cook the turkey that year, the first Christmas, the list goes on and on.

As the years passed, naturally the pain subsides and you come to believe, through many prayers to God and Jesus Christ. you have learned to live with the reality.
Getting engaged when I was 23 years old was a joyous occasion for me. As the wedding plans were being formulated and the date drew closer and closer, I started to feel that old familiar stab of pain deep in my heart because my Mother was not going to be sitting in the first row. This was a major event in my life and I felt cheated! Not only that but I thought I would walk down the isle crying and ruin the whole event!

About a week before my wedding I prayed to God and Jesus Christ to ease my pain and take away my anger so I wouldn't ruin my wedding day. I prayed hard and long with my eyes closed and then it happened! A bright light, very small at first growing larger and closer, revealed a vision of my Mother's face. In my mind I heard her speak, "I will be with you, rejoicing with you on your wedding day." Then the light grew smaller until it diapered all together.

I immediately opened my eyes and very excitedly told my fiancée, who was sitting on the other couch in the same room with me, what had just happened! Words could not then nor can they now describe the happiness, love, comfort and peace that filled my heart and my spirit when God allowed my Mother to come to me. Needless to say, I walked down the isle with a smile on my face, happiness in my heart and a comforted spirit, not only because my mother was with me, but because through God and Jesus Christ my prayers were answered during my hour of greatest need.

Non-spiritual or non-Christians may say I fell asleep and dreamed this event. Let me explain, I have dreamed of my Mother many times since her death both before and after God and Jesus Christ sent my Mother to comfort me. I know when I have been sleeping and not. When ever I dream about my Mother I see her whole body and not just her face, there is realistic scenery not bright light and in my dreams my Mother never speaks to me or anyone.

One religious man who read my story emailed me and told me that according to the Bible, my true story could not possibly have occurred. While I am a Christian, I am not a Bible scholar, never-the-less, I know my story is true just as I have written it.